Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nature Break



Last week I decided to take a mental day and spend some time at Memphis Botanic Gardens. The last time I’d visited was years ago for a work event so this was my first time actually getting a chance to stroll around the grounds. While it was a VERY warm and humid day (welcome to summer in Memphis lol), it was probably one of my most relaxing walks. Over 96 acres of sweeping vistas, MBG is made up of lakes and woodlands, display gardens and the renowned Japanese Garden (where I spent the most time) & Sensory Garden. There’s a quoi pond, lake, and a children’s exhibit where kids can run around and play house while also learning a bit about horticulture.



If you ever need to get away and just walk, or hang with friends and have a picnic, check out MBG. Admission is only $5 for adults ($3 for kids 3-12, free for those under 2) and it’s an easy and safe way to enjoy nature, because sometimes, that’s all you need!



1 comment:

  1. On Wendsdays, admission is free from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m. ... I think ... They do ask for donations, which shouldn't be a problem ... I love MBG ....

    ReplyDelete