Friday, July 16, 2010

Can I Live? Yes You Can!

Ok guys, this weekend has to be one of THE biggest that the City of Memphis will see this summer. A plethora of events taking place, there will be activities for everyone. However you choose to get it in, make sure you have an energy drink on hand!

So last night was the official kick off for CGI Entertainment's Can I Live Celebrity Weekend. One of the most anticipated weekend's of the year, Can I Live brings so many people to our grand city. I'm prepared for a little more traffic, but I'm also looking forward to seeing new faces in the city. You never know who you might see in the car next to you!

First up was the Old Skool Skate Party at Crystal Palace last night. If you're a Memphian, you know that CP was THE roller rink to go to growing up as a kid. The DJ always played the best music, and they served some yummy food (remember their chili cheese nachos? Sigh) I spent many weekends there honing my skating skills with friends. I took a few tumbles in my day (oh the memories, lol) but I ALWAYS had a blast! If you missed it, no worries because there are waaay more activities to come!

Tonight is Curtis Given's Annual All White Affair, which will take place at the Historic Peabody Hotel. I was able to attend a few years back with my crew and we partied til the wee hours of the morning. Tickets are only $40 each, and they can be picked up at Sammy's, Level II, and Big Bill's BBQ.

There is also a School Drive from 8am-2pm in front of the Southland Mall today. CGI isn't just about parties; they do give back to their community as well. In the event you can't swing by to donate during those hours, you can also stop by Level II and Toys 'R' Us at any time. Their goal is $50,000 so do your part to help those kids in need!

Be sure to visit their website to get more information on the other festivities (Family Day Picnic, K97 Summer Jam, BabyFace Concert, & Basketball Tournament).

Also, check back with NDLoop to see pictured from all of the events.

So readers, will you be attending any of the Can I Live Events? Comment below and keep us in the loop!

No comments:

Post a Comment