Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rising Star Spotlight: Porcelan Chalet

Courtesy of Regis Lawson Photography


















Porcelan Chalet is one of the many talents performing tonight at Rising Star's Amped Up Indie Artist Concert at Minglewood Hall (1555 Madison Avenue).

A modelesque beauty with the talent and personality to match, Porcelan is already generating quite a buzz in the industry. A vocal powerhouse, her songs are R&B/Soul with a hip-hop edge; she’s poised to give many of these starlets a run for their money.


She took some time out to answer a few questions so that we could find out a little more about the girl behind the voice:


What made you decide to pursue a career professionally?
Music kinda runs in my family. Both my parents were performers and would also sing to us. In turn, music became my passion…I honestly can’t see myself doing anything else.


Who influences you?
Aretha Franklin has to be one of my biggest inspirations. She wasn’t afraid to be original. She let her voice use her! I want my music to be hypnotizing and totally captivate my audience, like Ms. Franklin.


How would you describe your "musical" style?
I would say my music is R&B Soul with a chic Hip/Hop edge.


What makes you different from all the other up & coming singers?
Overall, my music makes me different. I like to embody different genres. I especially like to take different elements of Blues and Rock, stir them up in my beats, and make P’Rocker Pie! J (P’Rocker-nickname my manager gave me).


What project(s) are you working on?
Currently I’m working on my first studio album due to drop fall 2011. In addition, my mix tape will be available later this year.


Where can people find out more info on you and your music?
You can check me out on my FACEBOOK fan page @ Porcelan Chalet or at

www.twitter.com/porcelanchalet
www.reverbnation.com/porcelanchalet
www.youtube.com/Porcelan10
http://www.porcelanchaletmusic.com/  (coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment